Come work in a dynamic environment where creativity abounds! Join us in inspiring not only the next generation of dancers but also future leaders of our communities and country.
The Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for executing SVB’s mission. The ED will have oversight responsibility for SVB’s programs, fundraising, financial soundness, day to day operations and assigned staff.
Who are we?
Since 1990 our mission is to make the performing arts experience available to all ages from all walks of life through full-length productions of varied repertoire including classical ballet, contemporary, and new works. Southwest Virginia Ballet provides, free of charge, the highest quality of pre-professional training possible to young dancers and promotes cultural enrichment and awareness to the art of dance. SVB is committed to offering outreach opportunities for under-served and at-risk children and adults from across Southwest Virginia. We are a forward-thinking organization that thrives on community building and empowerment while inspiring the next generation of dancers and students.
Leadership & Management:
- Represent SVB with community leaders, parents, SVB participants, and collaborative arts partners. Expected to be visible in the community and serve as a liaison at community events.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
- Actively engage, lead, and energize SVB volunteers leading in Backstage, Fundraising, Grants, Marketing, Production, and Events.
Fundraising and Finance:
- Lead, develop and oversee volunteers leading fundraising activities and grant application process to support existing program operations as well as future activities.
- Oversee fulfillment of all grant requirements and reporting.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices by coordinating with Treasurer and Bookkeeper and implementing efficient office systems.
- Ensure that the Board of Directors is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization, preparing monthly reports and agenda items.
- Lead marketing committee and implement marketing plans, publicizing the activities and goals of SVB.
- Maintain email lists and communications. Communicate with community leaders, donors, parents, volunteers, SVB participants, and collaborative arts partners as needed.
- Oversee various production committees to ensure they are on schedule, are informed of tasks they need to complete, and have support they need. This includes costuming, boutique, volunteer coordinators, and backstage production committees.
- Serve as liaison for production committees with Artistic Director, Board of Directors, and outside parties (venues, guest artists, stage manager, etc.).
- Negotiate and write production contracts with venues, guest artists, lighting designers, stage manager.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience succeeding in a non-profit, leadership role or fundraising preferred.
- Demonstrate passion, interest and commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity values within our community.
- Successful experience with strategic planning, board development, program and policy development
- The ability to work cooperatively with the Board of Directors consistent with the strategy, goals and direction of the organization
- Must be able to deal professionally with all levels of management and work cooperatively with all staff.
- Success partnering with parents of dancers in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with content management, social media, and product promotion a plus.
- Capable of working independently and applying creative abilities.
- Experience with MS Office, excel and word (Publisher preferred)
- Competitive benefits are available
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Bonus Eligible
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.