Southwest Virginia Ballet is looking for an Executive Assistant.
Come work in a dynamic environment where creativity abounds! Join us in inspiring not only the next generation of dancers but also future leaders of our communities and country.
The Executive Assistant works closely with the Executive Director in supporting SVB’s mission. The Executive Assistant will be instrumental in scheduling, communication, coordination, and the day-to-day operations of the Ballet.
WHO ARE WE?
Since 1990 our mission is to make the performing arts experience available to all ages from all walks of life through full-length productions of varied repertoire including classical ballet, contemporary, and new works. Southwest Virginia Ballet provides, free of charge, the highest quality of pre-professional training possible to young dancers and promotes cultural enrichment and awareness to the art of dance. SVB is committed to offering outreach opportunities for under-served and at-risk children and adults from across Southwest Virginia. We are a forward-thinking organization that thrives on community building and empowerment while inspiring the next generation of dancers and students.
Check us out: https://www.svballet.org/
Our Executive Assistant is responsible for the following outcomes:
- Answering telephone calls and emails from customers and company members and directing them to relevant staff
- Organizing and maintaining rosters for classes, intensives, etc.
- Communication with volunteers, parents, and vendors
- Social Media and email advertising
- Graphic design and creative sales
- Light web maintenance
- Light bookkeeping and contract management
- Calendar management
- Monitoring office supplies and ordering new as required
- Stewardship and donor management
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or in the process of achieving.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or in a similar administrative role.
- Knowledge or passion for ballet and the performing arts industry.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a professional and personable demeanor.
- Proficient in office software (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and comfortable learning new tools and software systems.
- Discretion and integrity in handling confidential information.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends during performances and events.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
#Hiring #ExecutiveAssistant #Non-Profit #Dance #Ballet #PerformingArts #CommunityOutreach
- 40,000 – 48,000 a year
- Flexible Schedule at 40 hours a week
- Fun and supportive environment
- Competitive benefits are available
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Opportunities
Here is a Typical Candidate Journey you can Expect:
- Submitting your application
- 30 – 45 Minute Introductory Call with a Board Member
- Interview with Executive Director
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation or assistance to complete the online application process, due to a medical condition or impairment, please contact Kyle Vorst at 540-414-1302. When you contact Southwest Virginia Ballet, identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting and we will respond promptly.