Company membership is open to all ballet students in the Roanoke region.
Dancers train at the studio of their choice (minimum number of classes required, depending on Junior Company or Senior Company) during the week and come together on weekends for training and rehearsals. Dancers have the opportunity to explore many dance forms, including Classical & Contemporary Ballet, Modern and Jazz, and work with some of Virginia’s most talented choreographers.
Performance opportunities include the Nutcracker and a fall and/or spring production. Often, the company also performs at Dickens of a Christmas, Festival in the Park, events at the Taubman Museum of Art and other community outreach events.
Company membership, instruction, and costumes are provided FREE OF CHARGE. Membership is based on demonstrated skill level and is open to all dancers without regard to gender, race, color or national origin.
For more information, please email email@example.com
SVB One Week Summer Intensive
- Location: Star City School of Ballet – 1005 Industry Ave SE – Roanoke
- Dates: July 6 – July 10, 2020
- Times: Monday – Friday 9:00 – 5:00
Artistic director: Pedro Szalay. The company strives to provide the highest quality of pre-professional training possible to young dancers. #svballet30
The Vaszary Scholarship fund was created in 2008 to recognize the talented youth of Southwest Virginia dancing in the Roanoke Valley. A scholarship committee comprised of SVB board members, and SVB’s Artistic Director, consider financial need and the student’s ability and attitude toward dance. Merit and financial-based scholarships starting at $100, are awarded annually for summer programs and annual tuition assistance.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2020
Mark the envelope “Confidential” and send to:
Southwest Virginia Ballet Scholarship
PO Box 3275
Roanoke VA 24015
- Applicants must be residents of the United States
- Reside in the Greater Roanoke Valley region
- Applicants must be students that actively participate in weekly dance classes. All types of dance are eligible
- Applicants can apply for only one scholarship each year.
To apply you must submit
- The Parent or Guardian application (only required for financial need based scholarships)
- The Dancer application
- A short essay discussing your experience of dance as it impacts you as well as your community
The dancer may also submit an optional letter of recommendation from their current dance instructor. The questions asked in this application are designed to help us understand fully the family’s financial position and make certain that aid is awarded to those qualified students whose need is greatest.
The information in this application is strictly confidential.
For more information please contact Carol Jessee at firstname.lastname@example.org