Our summer intensive is the perfect way to hone your skills and immerse yourself in dance this summer! The SVB Summer Dance Intensive runs Monday – Friday June 21-June 25 at Star City School of Ballet, located at 1005 Industry Ave SE, Roanoke, VA 24013.
The cost for the full week of instruction is $350. Applications must be received and paid in full by June 15, 2021. Students with financial need may complete the Vaszary Scholarship application forms. Scholarship Forms must by received by June 4. Applicants will be notified by e-mail of any award by June 10, giving opportunity to complete the required Summer Intensive Registration Form by June 15, 2021. We will have a limit of the number of students we can accept. A Wait List will be created, if necessary.
Dancers will likely be split into two levels for instruction, assuming we met our maximum of 30 students.
The classes are for girls and boys at all levels of dance. The curriculum will focus on Ballet, Pre-Pointe, Pointe, Variation, Men’s class, Modern, Jazz or Musical Theatre, Pas de Deux, Character, Pilates and Enrichment classes, depending on the students level of knowledge and experience.
- Time: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Cost: $350/week (No part-time offerings this year.)
Vaszary Scholarship Available
The Vaszary Scholarship fund was created in 2008 to recognize the talented youth of Southwest Virginia dancing in the Roanoke Valley. A scholarship committee comprised of SVB board members, and SVB’s Artistic Director, consider financial need and the student’s ability and attitude toward dance. Merit and financial-based scholarships starting at $100, are awarded annually for summer programs.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021
Mark the envelope “Confidential” and send to:
Southwest Virginia Ballet Scholarship
1005 Industry Ave. Bldg 7A
Roanoke VA 24013
- Applicants must be residents of the United States.
- Applicants must reside in the greater Roanoke Valley Region.
- Applicants must be students that actively participate in weekly dance classes.
- All types of dance are eligible: Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Tap, etc.
- Applicants can apply for only one scholarship each year.
To apply you must submit
- The Parent or Guardian application (only required for financial need based scholarships)
- The Dancer application
- A short essay discussing your experience of dance as it impacts you as well as your community
The dancer may also submit an optional letter of recommendation from their current dance instructor. The questions asked in this application are designed to help us understand fully the family’s financial position and make certain that aid is awarded to those qualified students whose need is greatest.
The information in this application is strictly confidential.
For more information please contact Carol Jessee at email@example.com